SHRM announces changes to recertification to smooth the path for certified professionals!
Recent policy and system changes make your recertification efforts easier than ever. Policy changes include the following:
• Minimum timeframe for educational activities has been changed from 1-hour to 15-minutes. Each 15-minute increment is equal to .25 PDCs.
• Credit requirement for SHRM-approved books and e-books has been changed from reading the book and completing a quiz to reading the book and submitting a book report summarizing what you learned. Each book submission is worth 3 PDCs.
• PDC maximum for the Advance Your Organization category has been increased to 30, an additional work project option has been added, and work hours for each option have been adjusted. New work project options are as follows:
- 10 PDCs for a work project involving 40+ hours of work.
- 20 PDCs fora work project involving 80+ hours of work.
- 30 PDCs for a work project involving 120+ hours of work.
• Activity codes will now be available to redeem PDCs for SHRM sponsored volunteer activities. Activities can either be auto uploaded by SHRM or provided to the recipient for manual input.
Earn 30 PDCs for your 2021 COVID-19 related Work!
In addition to the above changes, we are once again offering an opportunity to earn PDC credit for the work you do to support your organization’s or your community’s 2021 COVID-19 response efforts. Work in this area qualifies as a 120+ work project in the Advance Your Organization category. Refer to the SHRM certification website for details.
For additional details about these changes and other policy/process information, please click on the link to download a copy of the 2021 Recertification Requirements Handbook.